Saturday, April 24, 2010

Note from Frankfurt, Germany

I'm a bit closer too home.  Made it to Frankfurt without any trouble and out to the holiday inn express just about as easily.  Funny I had to go to Germany to stay at a holiday Inn express but now that I am a priority club member maybe I can get the state rate in NC.

While I was at dinner (outside) I started to notice all the jets overhead and how different it was just a couple of days ago when you saw none in the European skies.  Funny thing is that this is the second time this has happened to me.  On 911 I was also out of the country attending the International HEEP meeting in St. Johns, Canada.

 It is really eerie when you rely on airplanes to handle long distance travel and they aren't available. It is also very eerie when you look into the sky and don't see any planes for a few days. I think we seriously need to look at a more diverse and integrated transportation systems that allow one part to fail without total disrupting the others.  Now what that system looks like I'm not sure but I think we need to start figuring it out especially in the US.

Thought I would post that thought before I forgot it.  That's it for now.

No comments: