Friday, April 23, 2010

Last full day in Salzburg

It is starting to wind down, this time tomorrow I will be off to the airport to begin my way home.  I saw the Ogdens on the train to Munich this morning at 8:00 am.   They were a bit apprehensive but  looking forward to catching there flight home this afternoon.  Wish I was on it too.  Just have to wait for my Sunday morning flight.

We had a really nice day yesterday. I took the Ogdens up on the old city wall to my favorite bar/restaurant and had a few beers and a great meal (best I've had since I've been here).  Even Cheryl had two beers which more beers than I've ever seen her drink (note she is white wine drinker).  After a couple hours on the hill we made our way back down to the Augustinerkloster und Brau (beer garden) and had one last mug of "bier" before heading back to the hotel.  Then spent the evening munching on snacks and playing cards.  I'll make a last  "walkabout" of Salzburg this afternoon to pick up a few final things before spending the evening packing and repacking my bags to assure a balanced and practical load.

If you ever visit Salzburg I highly recommend the hotel I have been staying at - Austria Trend Hotel Europa Salzburg it is a "4 star" hotel right next to the train and bus station. Which makes it very convenient and easy to find and use as a base of operations.  And the rates are reasonable.  Also the free wireless internet connection has been a life saver. If I have any complaint it is the phones, no one seems to know exactly how to dial international and toll free numbers (thanks to cells I would guess).

Well that's it for this installment now to google voice chat to see if my wife is up yet...

No comments: