Saturday, May 29, 2010

One condo, four people and eight computers

It dawned on me this morning that my family has brought on vacation  1 laptop, 3 net books and and 4 smart phones with us on vacation.  In other words we have 8 computers for 4 people.  It seems like just yesterday we were sharing one PC in the basement with a dial up connection.  Now we each have a wireless computer and 3g connected smart phone. So I guess you could say we are a "connected" family.  The last time we were all on vacation together we took turns checking email on my wife's old dell 2600 laptop.  Now I use my phone more for email and text messaging than I do for phone calls.   So are we a normal/modern family? or an high tech anomaly?  What do you think?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems to me that you are a 'normal' young techno-family. Its the kids that make you young and all of you are techno-geeks (at least Rande is).

I would say that being that connected on a vacation may negate some of the rehabilitation that is suppose to take place on vacation.

Have fun Jon Ogden

Unknown said...

It seems to me, an old fart, that all that connectivity negates some of the rehabilitation that vacation is suppose to provide. I mean vacation with children, regardless of age, and spouse is suppose to cause stress and conflict and all the techno-toys provide a way to get away from that.

Have a great time!!

Jon Ogden